Navigation

Monday, January 14, 2013

Family Lost, Never Forgotten.


01/13/13.
My brother Corwin.  They say it was a late morning car crash.  The roads too icy to keep the lane.  He made it to the hospital, but left this world too soon.  The news came crashing in on me, causing cracks in my calm exterior.  As I fall apart with grief my dear friends and family hold me.  Offering what condolences they may, understanding it’s too much.  It hurts how he just recently found a path that brought him happiness with a family of his own.  It hurts, that he is gone too soon. It hurts.  Yet, I know I don’t grieve alone.  Corwin has a large family made up of people he grew up with and those he came to love.  Though time may dull the pain, we will not forget how he touched our lives.  I love you Corwin. 

Dear Corwin:
I still remember howling at the moon with you, as if we were wolves in front of the house underneath the pine tree. You taught me to value family and that wherever you go you can find new pack members to add to one's family. So even though I know you didn't always have it easy, thanks for always taking time to spend with me.
(My last words to him on Christmas Day)


His Reply:
  • December 29, 2012
  • Corwin D Cornelius
    I am glad to have been able to pass that all on to you Sis and I always got true heart family love for you and yes you are dead right you can make a pack wherever you are Happy new year and belated merry christmas to you as well.

1 comment: