Navigation

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Understand

"I think it's worse than sneaky. It inverts things. As long as all churches are UNDER the federal government, then they are equal. Equal? That's not the issue. This is total dominance by the state--also known as totalitarianism.

Freedom of religion means the churches are superior to the federal government in issues that properly do not belong to Caesar--such as how they view sex and what it means in their lives. If people are placed in a conflict between obeying the law of God and obeying the law of Obama, then freedom of religion is being compromised."  -Anonymous Response to http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-emily-c-heath/separation-of-church-and-santorum_b_1311650.html?ref=religion





Obeying the law of Obama? O.o  *shakes head in bemusement*  I truly find it disturbing how little I am able to understand where these people are coming from.  Typically I pride myself on being able to see fairly each side of the coin.  To be able to understand.   I wonder am I as much in my own world as they seem to be in theirs?  I mean.... where did Caesar and the "law of Obama" come into the equation?  Do people really think that the Christian faith is under attack?  Or is it simply that offensive that someone else might have different beliefs and that in and of it self is enough of an assault?  It makes me think of the Crusades because heaven literally forbid anyone disagree.  


totalitarian |tōˌtaliˈte(ə)rēən|adjectiveof or relating to a system of government that is centralizedand dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state totalitarian regime.


We are far from being in this type of system.  My goodness we need only to look at countries like Syria to get an idea of what this might really be like.   Ask yourself, would you really want to live in a country ruled by religion?  Perhaps I just can't understand anyone that takes such an extreme stance on things.  Or at least it seems extreme to me.


"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." -John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

No comments:

Post a Comment